Frequently asked questions about Cisco Jabber
- What is Cisco Jabber ?
- Who can use Cisco Jabber ?
- Where can I download the Cisco Jabber client ?
- How do I log in to Cisco Jabber ?
- What if my Jabber update under MacOS fails ?
- Why can´t I make phone calls via the Jabber client ?
What is Cisco Jabber ?
Cisco Jabber is a communication service which you can use for instant messaging, browse your contacts and call logs and to control your telephone.
Who can use Cisco Jabber ?
All employees of the Technical University of Berlin who have already been migrated to VoIP can use the Cisco Jabber client. Please note that the standard functionality will only contain the instant messaging service.
Where can I download the Cisco Jabber client ?
You can use the following links for a direct download of the Cisco Jabber Client for your system:
Windows: CiscoJabber-Install-ffr.12-8-2.zip 
Mac: CiscoJabberMac-220.127.116.112955 
How do I log in to Cisco Jabber ?
- © TU Berlin
1. At the first start of Cisco Jabber you need to log in to the server´s domain. Therefor please use your TUB-Account followed by the extension @im.tu-berlin.de
- © TU Berlin
2. After the connection from the Jabber client to the meeting server has been established successfully, you can connect to the Cisco Jabber service by entering your Tubit account data.
What if my Jabber update under MacOS fails ?
If the automatic update under MacOS can´t be downloaded, please perform the following steps:
1. disconnect and or disable the LAN and WLAN connection
2. start Safari, clear your browser cache and close Safari immediately again
3. open the CLI and type the following command: open ~/Library/Cookies
4. delete the file HSTS.plist on your system
5. restart your Mac and reconnect or enable the LAN or WLAN again
Why can´t I make phone calls via the Jabber client ?
The standard functionality of the Cisco Jabber client doesn´t include a valid license to use it for making phone calls.